Hope's food program provides free fresh produce to people in need. We also seek to equip people to prepare the food in healthy and tasty ways by hosting cooking classes and having good recipes available.
We would love to provide flavor kits so people are best able to prepare the food they receive.
You can do this project anywhere and it is appropriate for all ages.
How To Put Together a Flavor Kit
Step 1. Gather Ingredients
- Oils: canola, olive, vegetable
- Vinegars: apple cider, balsamic, rice, red wine
- Dried herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, cilantro
- Spices: Black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder, bay leaves
Ideas for gathering ingredients:
- Ask your church and set out a collection box
- Go shopping as a small group
- Go shopping as a family
2. Assemble Kits
- Place an assortment of oils, vinegars, herbs, and spices into a package such as a paper grocery bag.
- Write "Flavor Kit" on bag.
- Drop off at Hope Clinic front desk.
Questions? Contact Mary Dekker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find a printable version here.